The Journey Begins





Introduction! Introduction!! Introduction!!!

My career and journey thus far.

Hey Everyone,

Welcome to my blog, first things first…Introduction (lol); my name is Mary and I am a Senior Therapeutic Radiographer, this basically means I treat people with cancer using radiation but I will explain further in other posts.  
I’ve been qualified since 2016 and I’ve worked within the private and public (NHS) sector; from training to working as a qualified healthcare professional, there are so many things I have learnt and noticed hence I started this blog. For example, patients are always anxious before they start treatment because they do not know what to expect, what position they will be lying in and what happens during treatment and despite having the pre-treatment chat a lot of information won't be taken in due to anxiety or nervousness.

Whilst training and working, I’ve also noticed the lack of awareness about cancer with Black, Asian, Ethnic Minority and Refugees community. Therefore, I started a charity called Cancer-Education (@Cancer_EdUK), I’ll also be explaining in other posts more about the charity and everything we do.
The purpose of this blog is to help educate people about what happens during cancer treatments, relieve anxiety or stress, help others be aware of how to support friends or families going through these treatments, to build and encourage an online platform for people who are going through cancer treatment to keep going and to confidently ask for help and support.

I will be talking about my journey as a radiotherapist thus far, various cancer treatments available, what happens within radiotherapy (RT) treatment, the different positioning needed during RT, addressing questions about alternative treatment, interviewing people who have been through these cancer treatments about their experiences.

As we all know, cancer is one of the main diseases affecting human lives and it is such a huge topic that we could never have too much information about it; firstly everyone’s cancer experience or journey is very different therefore more information is needed to understand how everyone has dealt with this disease. There are so many information out there about cancer even information that are not evidence-based and it is very disheartening when people believe these information that have no substance and choose to make life-threatening decisions due to these information.
This blog is open to everyone, regardless of race, culture, country or what type of cancer you’ve. It is an online platform, a family to educate each other about cancer and be there for people going through this journey.
Please feel free to ask any questions, comment and subscribe for update on the next post

With Love,
Mary xxx

Comments

  1. Amazing started reading and loving it already

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am looking froward to whats to come

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed reading this and can’t wait to read what else you have coming. My dad was diagnosed with prostrate cancer last year, thankfully he’s all clear from it now but during that year it was such a trying time for my family but had your blog and charity been up then we would have been able to ask questions on how to deal with it. Thank you for setting this up♥️

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really enjoyed reading this and can’t wait to read what else you have coming. My dad was diagnosed with prostrate cancer last year, thankfully he’s all clear from it now but during that year it was such a trying time for my family but had your blog and charity been up then we would have been able to ask questions on how to deal with it. Thank you for setting this up♥️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts